Caramel + Chocolate + Nuts = Triple Threat. No wonder this is my most requested recipe. This slice literally flies off the platter at every party. Occasionally I cut the squares smaller so there is more to go around but that doesn’t seem to make a difference because guests just come back for seconds…. and thirds. The sight of a few measly crumbs remaining on your platter at the end of the party will fill you with pride.
—Hungry And Fussy
plain gluten free flour
melted unsalted butter
sweetened condensed milk
70% cocoa dark cooking chocolate
In This Recipe
Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Combine butter, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl and stir well. Press into a 20cm square or rectangular baking tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
3. Combine condensed milk, butter, golden syrup and sea salt in a saucepan and stir over low heat for 3 minutes until caramel thickens slightly.
4. Place the peanuts on top of base in a single layer. Pour caramel mixture over peanuts, ensure peanuts are covered by caramel so they don’t burn in the oven.
5. Return slice to oven and bake for 15 minutes until caramel is golden. Cool and refrigerate.
6. Stir chocolate and coconut oil over low heat in saucepan until melted. Pour over caramel and refrigerate until set.