If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caramel + Chocolate + Nuts = Triple Threat. No wonder this is my most requested recipe. This slice literally flies off the platter at every party. Occasionally I cut the squares smaller so there is more to go around but that doesn’t seem to make a difference because guests just come back for seconds…. and thirds. The sight of a few measly crumbs remaining on your platter at the end of the party will fill you with pride.
—Hungry And Fussy
- 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 60 grams melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 60 grams butter
- 400 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 100 grams 70% cocoa dark cooking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180c. 2. Combine butter, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl and stir well. Press into a 20cm square or rectangular baking tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. 3. Combine condensed milk, butter, golden syrup and sea salt in a saucepan and stir over low heat for 3 minutes until caramel thickens slightly. 4. Place the peanuts on top of base in a single layer. Pour caramel mixture over peanuts, ensure peanuts are covered by caramel so they don’t burn in the oven. 5. Return slice to oven and bake for 15 minutes until caramel is golden. Cool and refrigerate. 6. Stir chocolate and coconut oil over low heat in saucepan until melted. Pour over caramel and refrigerate until set.