If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from my neighbor Mrs. Withington, who in turn got it from another neighbor. She brings it to our house for a Thanksgiving appetizer, along with pimento cheese and Fritos. They might not have been what the Pilgrims ate, but they are delicious—plus easily made ahead of time, and a crowd-pleaser. —Catherine Lamb
Serves 6 to 8
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Hot sauce, to taste
For the shrimp:
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 ounces capers, undrained
- For the marinade: Mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, layer the shrimp, onions, and capers. Pour the marinade over the top, cover, and refrigerate for at least two hours. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!