If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What I like about this recipe as opposed to one for the more traditional caramel corn is that you do not have to stand over boiling sugar waiting to see that hint of caramel color only to have it burn in the half second it takes to grab your oven mitt. —Chrissy / Eat Some, Wear Some
Makes: 8-10 cups
cups popped popcorn
cups brown sugar
ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F and line two baking sheets with a Silpat or parchment.
- Have popcorn ready to go in the biggest bowl you have. Keep the peanuts on the side.
- In a small pot, combine the brown sugar, honey, molasses, butter and salt. Add a few tablespoons of water to moisten the sugar before bringing to a boil over medium heat. Cook to 250˚F. As soon as the sugar reaches 250˚F, turn off the heat, stir in the baking soda and immediately pour over the popcorn, tossing to coat evenly. Add the peanuts and toss again.
- Spread the popcorn mix onto your prepared sheet pans and bake for about 1 hour, stirring to break up clumps once or twice.
- Once out of the oven, give one more toss and let cool completely. This will keep well in an airtight container at room temp up to a week.