If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether it's sea bass or trout this is the dish that disappears every Thanksgiving or whenever I serve it. Let the fish store to the hard work of cleaning and boning the fish. Don't worry if the fish isn't big enough buy a second one. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
- 1 3-5 lb boned sea bass or trout
- 1 pound leeks white part only
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 small carrots sliced
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 can plum tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 bag cleaned spinach
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 2 cups dried bread cubes
- 1/2 cup milk to soak bread
- Soak bread cubes in milk.
- Heat saute pan and add splash of olive oil. When the oil dances add leeks, onion, garlic and carrots. Saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and tomatoes, continue cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted. Add soaked bread. Mix well and taste again for seasoning. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut butcher's twine (or any old twine) into four 6-8 inch segments and place a few inches apart on work surface.
- Place bass on top of the twine pieces and open the fish. Salt and pepper fish. Add stuffing to the bottom half of fish. Fold over the other half of fish over the stuffing. Tie twine around the fish.
- Place in 425 oven for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Show-Stopping Holiday Main