If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this recipe right before I headed off on my honeymoon to Mykonos. I wanted to keep it light so that I didn't feel guilty right before a week long beach vacation, but wanted something filling and flavorful. It was the perfect recipe before heading off to the Greek Islands! This could be served as a main dish, appetizer with toothpicks, or even a side dish. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 3-4 servings
- 15-20 peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 small eggplant (1/2 in. cubes)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds and stem removed, minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 small lemon (juice)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine raw shrimp, eggplant cubes, cherry tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, white wine, 1/2 cup Panko and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to distribute liquids.
- Transfer mixture to a small baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Panko and spread Feta cheese over top. Finish top with an extra sprinkle of salt.
- Pop into the oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes in middle rack. Turn on broiler after 20 minutes, leave dish on middle rack, and broil for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.