If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy and delicious recipe. These crunchy are rustic Italian biscuits made with almonds can be stored for a while in an airtight container. —My Little Italian Kitchen
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5/8 cup sugar
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1 piece lemon juice and zest
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the sifted flour with the baking powder. Add 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice and salt. Mix well.
- Add the whole almonds and make 3 long logs.
- With a fork whisk the egg yolk and brush the logs with it. Cook at 370F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wait for the pastry to cool a little then slice the logs. Put the biscuits on the baking tray and toast them for about 1 minute each side or until they get a lightly golden.