If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy game day snacking at it's best with this oven baked spicy cheese and chicken dip recipe! —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 medium-sized fresh hot chili peppers (about ¼ cup of jalapeño, habanero, Hungarian hot wax peppers, etc.), minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces regular cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup spicy salsa
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- tortilla chips, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or assorted fresh vegetables for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the minced hot peppers to the pan and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In an oven proof glass casserole dish, add the softened cream cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, cooked chicken, salsa, chipotles, chili powder, garlic powder, and the cooled cooked hot peppers. Mix well with a spatula and evenly smooth top of dip mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, or until dip is bubbling and lightly browned on top and edges. Serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or assorted fresh vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends