If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A slightly modified version of Bobby Flay's recipe, this stuffing makes for amazing Black Friday left over breakfast with a poached egg. I always make a double batch and the leftover breakfast is my favorite part of the holiday! I swap out leeks for celery and use kielbasa instead of chorizo. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/wild-rice-and-goat-cheese-dressing-recipe.html —laurenlocally
- 2 cups wild rice
- 6 cups water
- 3/4th pounds Kialbasa or chorizo, diced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 leek, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, diced
- 1 (day old) loaf country bread, cubed
- 2-4 cups stock
- 12 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine rice, water and 1 tablespoon of salt in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat and cook fully about 1 hour 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a high-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the meat, onions, carrots and leeks and cook until soft. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add this mixture, bread, goat cheese, parsley and 2 cups stock to the rice. Mix to combine. The mixture should be quite wet; add more stock, if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a large buttered baking dish and bake, uncovered, until heated through and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before serving.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes