If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is quite simple, healthy, and insanely delicious. I have used some real simple ingredients for this. It is great for a frosty winter's day. —Devinder Oberoi
- 2 cod fillets, weighing 120-130g each
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 15-16 baby carrots
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Rinse the carrots, scrub them clean and pat them dry.
- Now cut the carrot greens to 1 inch above the top and then slice the carrots in half. If the carrots are tiny, leave them as they are.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and arrange the rack in the middle.
- Next, line a roasting pan with aluminium foil, throw in the carrots, drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil, sprinkle some sea salt and crushed black pepper, and toss it all to make sure the carrots are evenly coated.
- Now roast for about 25-30 minutes until the carrots are caramelised around the edges.
- FISH -
- First, drizzle the fish with 1 tbsp of lime juice and 1/2 tsp of salt, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ginger and garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cornflour, salt, brown sugar, 1/2 tbsp lime juice and the olive oil(2 tbsp). This is the marinade.
- While the marinade is sitting, wash the fish and pat it dry with a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Now mix the marinade with the fish and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour some olive oil(2 tbsp) and place the marinaded fish in the pan; pan-fry over medium heat, 3-4 minutes each side, or based on your gut feeling.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place it over the roasted carrots.
- SERVE -
- When you are done with the plating, sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper, and drizzle some more lime juice over it. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and I mean a good handful of coriander leaves.