If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious comfort food that can be made conveniently in a blender —Clean Eatin' Chick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 1 cup green split peas
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil
- Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent
- Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth, seasoning and salt
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2 hours, stirring frequently
- Puree with a powerful blender, such as an Omega blender
- Return to pot, heat through, and serve