Author Notes: A decadent chocolate truffle filled with Goji berries and rolled in a cacao and maca powder. —Jessi
tablespoons palm shortening
ounces dark chocolate
cup coconut creme (the thick part on the top of the canned full-fat coconut milk)
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon sea salt
cup dried goji berries, finely chopped
tablespoons raw cacao powder
tablespoons maca powder
- Heat the chocolate and palm shortening in a double boiler and let the mixture melt. Whisking the mixture frequently.
- Once the chocolate has melted add the coconut crème, vanilla and salt. Whisk through until the mixture is combined.
- Take off the heat and let cool a few minutes. Cover and store in the refrigerator until the mixture has set. Approximately 5-6 hours.
- Mix together the maca and cacao powder and place in a plate or shallow bowl.
- Use a small scoop to spoon out about a tablespoon of batter and roll the mixture in to a ball and then coat the truffle in the cacao mixture.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat until batter is gone. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.