If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A decadent chocolate truffle filled with Goji berries and rolled in a cacao and maca powder. —Jessi
- 2 tablespoons palm shortening
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup coconut creme (the thick part on the top of the canned full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- Heat the chocolate and palm shortening in a double boiler and let the mixture melt. Whisking the mixture frequently.
- Once the chocolate has melted add the coconut crème, vanilla and salt. Whisk through until the mixture is combined.
- Take off the heat and let cool a few minutes. Cover and store in the refrigerator until the mixture has set. Approximately 5-6 hours.
- Mix together the maca and cacao powder and place in a plate or shallow bowl.
- Use a small scoop to spoon out about a tablespoon of batter and roll the mixture in to a ball and then coat the truffle in the cacao mixture.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat until batter is gone. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.