Author Notes: Wow your dinner guests this winter. Roasting the squash caramelizes it to perfection, while adding crispy sage at the last minute adds color and flavor. If you’re looking for an alternative to sugar sweet potato casseroles, this healthy option is it.
Note: Recipe originally appeared on http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/recipe/thanksgiving-dish-roasted-butternut-squash-with-crispy-sage-leaves/ —Ultimate Paleo Guide
Butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
tablespoons Olive oil (divided)
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove from oven, stir and continue roasting for 10 to 15 more minutes, until squash is browned and tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Before serving, heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Add the sage leaves and cook for about 1 minute, until just crisp.
- Toss with the squash before serving.