If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An excellent, nourishing soup for chilly weather. —Doug
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil
- 1 large Portabella mushroom cap, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon veg. broth powder (Gaylord Hauser's)
- 2 tablespoons dried natural soup greens or equiv.
- 3-4 large bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound potatoes, cleaned, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch size.
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 pound cauliflower florets as optional ingredient
- Sautee onion in hemp oil till soft, then add shrooms and cook about 6-8 min. on medium heat in stock pot
- Add water, broth powder, soup greens, bay leaves, salt, garlic, and bring to boil
- Add potatoes, cook 10 min or so, then add green beans, cauliflower if desired, and cook another 15-20 min.