If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet and funky holiday side that lets squash be its own serving dish —Christina Spleen
- 2 Acorn Squashes
- 1/2 cup chopped wanuts
- 1 cup cranberries
- 4 ounces of butter, browned
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brown the butter, place stick of butter in pot over medium high heat and let melt. Let it bubble until you see brown solid bits and it becomes all nutty and wonderful. Place in bowl and set aside
- Halve and de-seed the acorn squashes
- Brush with olive oil and bake in a deep, oven safe dish for 25 minutes.
- Take squashes out, and distribute the cranberries and walnuts evenly into the centers of the squash.
- Place back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take those squashes back out of the oven and liberally brush with browned butter, finish them off with a sprinkling of sea salt and nutmeg
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter