Author Notes: An easy side dish to compliment any steak or meat dinner or dinner party. —Sara
pound Baby Potatoes (Red, White, Gold mix)
Cloves of Garlic, loosely chopped
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Wash baby potatoes, place them in a microwave safe bowl and and heat them covered for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, chop the rosemary and garlic.
- When potatoes are done, remove them and place them on a cutting board. Smash them to flatten them (I used a large knife on its side to smash down on the potatoes). There's no right way to do this, just as long as they are flat!
- When potatoes are smashed, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in the pan.
- Add the potatoes and cook them to get a golden brown crust on the outside. Add the garlic and rosemary when the potatoes are almost golden brown.
- When they are all fully a light golden brown on the outside, transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Broil the potatoes on high until desired crispiness (could be anywhere from 5-15 minutes).
- Add salt and/or pepper to taste!