If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Challah french toast stuffed with creamy mascarpone cheese and topped with Quince and Apple Peach and Chamomile Jam. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 3 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cups Quince & Apple’s Peach and Chamomile Jam, plus more for serving
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cups Whole milk
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 8 Pieces challah or brioche, sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- a handful of blackberries or other berry (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese and jam.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread mascarpone and jam mixture evenly on four pieces of challah, leaving a little bit of space around the edges. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, dip sandwiches in batter and hold for about 5 seconds. Flip and soak on other side for 5 seconds. Quickly transfer the sandwich to the pan and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Transfer stuffed french toast to plate and top with maple syrup, blackberries, and more jam.