If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You’ve heard of Panzanella, right? That delightful Italian Salad that combines day-old bread into a meal? I decided to put a sweet (Filipino) spin on that dish by crisping up some Ube bread and Roasted Stone Fruit. —actorsdiet
- 3 Thick Slices of Bread (I used Ube, which is sweet)
- 3 pounds Chopped stone fruit (I used peaches, plums, nectarines, and apricots)
- 1 Zest/Juice of a Large Lemon
- 2 sprigs Fresh Mint, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (Optional. If your fruit is sweet enough, like the ones I had, omit)
- Toast the Bread Cubes in a 300 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Turn oven up to 375 degrees.
- Take half the cut fruit and roast for 30 minutes in a buttered 9x13 dish with half the lemon zest/juice (and half sugar, if needed).
- Combine the remaining lemon zest/juice/fruit (and sugar, if needed) in another bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, layer the roasted fruit, the fresh fruit, the bread cubes, and the mint.
- When ready to serve, toss everything together and pair with Vanilla Ice Cream or Yogurt.