If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a mixed grain porridge flavoured with Vanilla and topped with Pear. —Zita Fox
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 tablespoons Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (almond, oat, cows)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Pear
- 1 tablespoon Almonds
- In a medium sized saucepan, add all the grains, honey, vanilla, milk, water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a low/medium, and frequently stir.
- After about 12/15mins check if the Quinoa is cooked and the porridge has thickened. Pour into bowls and top with the sliced pear, almonds and a little more milk. Porridge is always best eaten straight away.
- I like to eat this porridge with a brew of rooibos tea. So cosy!