If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe evolved out of a last minute need to come up with an appetizer to bring to Easter dinner. I used what ingredients were in the kitchen - with delicious results! —Nancy Nicole
Makes about 30 2-inch balls
Potatoes, peeled and diced
Salted water to cover
Fine bread crumbs
cream cheese, softened.
Italian, flat leafed parsley, minced.
shredded cheese of choice
tamari or soy sauce.
salt and pepper, to taste.
milk or half and half.
Vegetable or Peanut oil, at the bottom of a pan.
chipotle in adobo sauce.
- Boil the potatoes in the salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine drained potatoes with softened cream cheese, and all other ingredients, except eggs.
- Use an electric beater to mash the mixture without making a paste. Taste and season accordingly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Chill mixture for 1/2 hour or more.
- Heat oil to 350 F. Form dough into 2 inch balls. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with chipotle mayo.
- Blend Mayo with chipotle in adobo sauce.