If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a super-moist bread with plenty of sweet and tangy flavors that's perfect to toast for breakfast + it's vegan —Oat&Sesame
Makes 3 mini loaves
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (or use regular eggs)
- 5 tablespoons warm water (omit if using regular eggs)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce (option to use coconut oil here)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (my secret ingredient) or 1 tsp vanilla + 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup cranberry pomegranate sauce (recipe above or use your own)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl to create your flax eggs; set aside for about 15 minutes until the water and flax create an egg-like mixture.
- Add the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the coconut milk into the sugar until creamed.
- Add the applesauce (or oil), mix into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the flax eggs and extract, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spray 3 mini loaf pans (3 x 5.75 inches) with oil. Divide the mixture into the pans.
- Fold in ⅔ of the cranberry sauce so that it creates ribbons of cranberry.
- Take the remaining ⅓ of cranberry sauce and scatter dollops of sauce across the top of each bread.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and slice.
- NOTES: This bread is super moist. I love to slice it for breakfast, put it under the broiler for a few minutes and add a little butter. Crispy top + moist interior = yum! *if your cranberry sauce is watery, either strain it or reduce other liquid in the recipe. (recipe inspired by ohmyveggies.com)