If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a gluten free muffin recipe made with brown rice, millet, and almond flours - which means it's actually a Healthy gluten free recipe - no starches of any kind or even white rice flour. These muffins are really moist with a delicate crumb - a perfect muffin consistency and flavor, you can't even tell they are gluten free! Lightly sweetened, with the addition of lemon zest, really makes the flavor pop. The berries are lovely, but completely optional. —GlutenFreeBabe
Makes 6 muffins
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 6 tablespoons millet flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup fresh berries, sliced if large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 6 muffin cups with paper liners
- In a large bowl whisk together: brown rice, millet, and almond flours with baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the lemon zest and sugars. Rub between your fingers to disperse the zest into the sugar. Add the egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the vanilla, olive oil, and almond milk. Whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a spatula. Fold in the berries.
- Spoon the batter evenly between your 6 muffins cups. Sprinkle each cup with a little more turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.