If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We’ve been fans of the classic combination of salty smoked salmon and refreshing tzatziki for a while now. Now, we’re taking the relationship to the next level. Toasty pumpernickel triangles get dressed up with a colorful slaw featuring apples, fennel, tarragon, and other lively flavors that pair oh so perfectly with that blush-pink salmon. —CAVA
- 12 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fennel, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- 1 package Cava Tzatziki
- capers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir apple, red onion, fennel, tarragon, lemon zest, and lemon juice together. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the pumpernickel; then cut each slice into smaller segments. Place segments on a baking sheet, lightly brush with olive oil, and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer toasts to a wire rack to cool.
- To plate, spread a spoonful of tzatziki on each toast segment. Arrange a piece of smoked salmon on top. Spoon apple-fennel slaw on top and garnish with a few capers and a leaf or two of tarragon.