If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweet and salty combination of figs and prosciutto is perfection. Fresh basil balances out the richness, and creamy goat cheese is complemented by grilled bread. It's one heck of a sandwich. —Sarah Hauser
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 fresh figs, stems removed and sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices good quality white bread
- olive oil
- Preheat a panini press or grill pan.
- Brush both sides of the two pieces of bread generously with olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Layer the goat cheese, figs, basil and prosciutto onto the bread.
- Cook in the panini press (or grill both sides on a grill pan) until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year