If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is very old and very popular around Christmas when you make them look like miniature oranges and for Ester can be carrot shaped. —anka
- 300 grams carrot, grated
- 300 grams sugar, plus some for rolling
- 2 medium oranges, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice (about 2/3 cup juice between orange and lemon, more or less it is not crucial)
- Peel and grate carrot on the finest cheese grater you have. Place in the pot with sugar, zest and juice of 1 lemon and 2 oranges.
- Cook on medium heat about 30-35minutes depends on the size of the pot you are using and how fast juice evaporate. Last 5-10 minutes you will have to stir.
- When is cocked it will look moist but when you separate carrot with mixing spoon, no juice will separate.
- Take off the stove and let cool for 10 minutes, just so you can handle the heat when you roll them. It is easy to mould them when they are warm.
- With spoon scoop carrots and place them on the plate with sugar (you choose the size, mine are walnut sized but can be smaller too), now pick them up and roll in your hands in the shape of orange (you can make them in to carrot shape too) roll them one more time in sugar. Have a baking sheet sprinkled with sugar where you are going to place balls to dry overnight.