If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 store bought pizza dough (1 pound)
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 cups sliced leek, white and light green parts
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place bacon on the baking sheet in single layer and bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake for additional 5-10 minutes. Peel, core and thinly slice 1-2 apples and sate with 2 tbs bacon fat or oil with pinch of sea salt for couple minutes, put on the side. Cut leeks in to a ½ inch and wash. Sauté with 2 tbs bacon fat, add 2 sprigs fresh thyme, freshly ground black pepper, salt and 1/2 -1 tsp chili flakes if using, after 2-3 minutes add 1 cup 35% cream. Cook to reduce the cream by at least half or more for thicker sauce.
- Speed sauce over the dough in to thin layer.
- Next, put layer of sauté apples and bacon cut in to 1 inch pieces.
- Bake 13- 15 minutes at 350 F.