If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good 5 o'clock cocktail on a summer weekend evening. These toasts were something I made out of an eclectic collection in the fridge. Once you have the ingredients, they are simple to assemble and taste amazing. Or maybe that was just the cocktails..... —Canned
Makes 12 toasts
Smoked Salt Anchovies on Toast Marscapone with Pickled Red Onions and Capers
- 6 slices good 8 grain bread
- 500 grams marscapone cheese
- 12 marinated white anchovies (if you cannot locate them then smoked anchovies can be bought on Amazon and omit the smoked salt)
- 12 rings of pickled onions
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Toast slices of bread. Smear each piece of toast with marscapone cheese and cut each slice of bread in 2 slices. If your slices are large, cut in thirds and add additional anchovies, pickled onion rings and capers to your ingredient list.
- Place one pickled red onion ring on each piece of toast. Top with one anchovy per piece of bread and sprinkle capers over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle each piece with a little smoked salt (unless using smoked anchovies - in that event use a little good flaked salt, like Maldon). Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Enjoy!
Pickled Red Onions
- 2 red onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Put all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Add onion slices, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year