If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good 5 o'clock cocktail on a summer weekend evening. These toasts were something I made out of an eclectic collection in the fridge. Once you have the ingredients, they are simple to assemble and taste amazing. Or maybe that was just the cocktails..... —Canned
Makes: 12 toasts
Smoked Salt Anchovies on Toast Marscapone with Pickled Red Onions and Capers
slices good 8 grain bread
grams marscapone cheese
marinated white anchovies (if you cannot locate them then smoked anchovies can be bought on Amazon and omit the smoked salt)
rings of pickled onions
tablespoons capers in salt, well rinsed
teaspoon smoked salt
Olive oil, to drizzle
- Toast slices of bread. Smear each piece of toast with marscapone cheese and cut each slice of bread in 2 slices. If your slices are large, cut in thirds and add additional anchovies, pickled onion rings and capers to your ingredient list.
- Place one pickled red onion ring on each piece of toast. Top with one anchovy per piece of bread and sprinkle capers over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle each piece with a little smoked salt (unless using smoked anchovies - in that event use a little good flaked salt, like Maldon). Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Enjoy!
Pickled Red Onions
red onions, sliced thin
- Put all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Add onion slices, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year