If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicate cookies balance beautifully between savory and sweet while they melt in your mouth. —Vera Kern
cups all purpose flour
tablespoon fennel seeds
cup high quality olive oil
powdered sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Grind the fennel seed to a powder in a mortar or use a spice blender.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the sugar, fennel seed powder and the salt.
- Add the olive oli. Knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface and cut with a cookie cutter. I use simple shapes because the dough is very brittle.
- Place cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and decorate with powdered sugar.