If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chocolate cookies look like tiny loaves of bread once they come out of the oven but taste heavenly. The recipe is for a small batch because I prefer to make lots of different small batches of cookies. You can easily multiply the ingredients to make bigger batches. —Vera Kern
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 stick (30g) soft butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup high quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cream the butter with the sugar with a hand or stand mixer.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix the cocoa powder in by hand to prevent a cocoa dusted kitchen. Once the ingredients are mixed, continue with the mixer.
- In a second bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour to the cocoa mixture and mix well until you have an even, very sticky dough.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take the dough of out the fridge and shape small (0.5 inch) balls between your hands.
- Cool the cookies again in the fridge, on the baking tray, for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Roll each cookie in confectioners' sugar until fully covered.
- Bake for about 13 minutes.
- Let them cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.