If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we have lots of fresh figs, I make this. The lemon cuts the sweetness of the fruit and cinnamon adds a little something without tasting like cinnamon. I make some with and without pecans. I've also used the crock pot to cook this down, about 4 hours. —augustabeth
Makes 8 half pints
- 4 pounds Fresh figs, washed, trimmed, halved and sliced
- 3 pounds Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Lemons quartered, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Pecan halves cut in half, or pieces
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring so nothing sticks to the bottom of pan.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about an hour.
- Stir in pecans and spoon into hot, sterilized jars. Keeps in fridge for several weeks. This recipe can be processed in a water bath for 8 minutes.