If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: another take on www.cookingclassy.com/2015/04/one-pan-cilantro-lime-chicken-and-rice-with-black-beans/ recipe. made easy by the wonderful food52
you can also serve it with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced jalapeños, diced avocados and sour cream. —Sissel Andrea
- 1 pound chicken, diced into cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped (keep lighter and darker portions separate)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups rice
- 1 piece salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and saute until cooked through, then add lighter portions of the spring onions and garlic.
- Stir in broth, green chilies, lime zest, lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, add rice and black beans , fully immerse rice in broth, and allow to boil. Turn heat to low, cover pan, and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.