If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whatever you do, and whenever you're making them, serve these individual cakes—our riff on a Carnival Cruise Line recipe and on-ship favorite—with a little top hat of vanilla ice cream. Watch our test kitchen in action making them here. —Food52
ounces semi-sweet chocolate
ounces all-purpose flour
Vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar, and chocolate shavings (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Mix half of the eggs and sugar together and whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour, mixing until no lumps remain.
- Add the remaining eggs and mix well until incorporated.
- Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour about 4 1/2 ounces of the mixture into 4 baking cups or ramekins (about 6 ounces each). Arrange the cups on a sheet tray with a water bath and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!