Author Notes: Whatever you do, and whenever you're making them, serve these individual cakes—our riff on a Carnival Cruise Line recipe and on-ship favorite—with a little top hat of vanilla ice cream. Watch our test kitchen in action making them here. —Food52
ounces semi-sweet chocolate
ounces all-purpose flour
Vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar, and chocolate shavings (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Mix half of the eggs and sugar together and whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour, mixing until no lumps remain.
- Add the remaining eggs and mix well until incorporated.
- Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour about 4 1/2 ounces of the mixture into 4 baking cups or ramekins (about 6 ounces each). Arrange the cups on a sheet tray with a water bath and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!