If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hot toddies aren’t just for sick days anymore. This rendition wraps spicy, sweet, and tangy all into one steaming, deeply satisfying sip. You can also double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to make enough for anyone who might stop by looking for a warm cuppa. —CAVA
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 inch ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon , halved
- 1 harissa spice bundle
- 1 tablespoon harissa simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- 4 ounces bourbon
- lemon slices, as a garnish
- for harissa spice bundles (per bundle)
- 2 dried chilies
- pinch of caraway seeds
- pinch of coriander seeds
- pinch of cumin seeds
- For harissa spice bundles, place ingredients into a square piece of cheesecloth and tie tightly with twine, so no seeds can escape.
- Add water and ginger slices to a medium saucepan. Squeeze lemon juice into the saucepan, and add the lemon halves to the liquid afterward. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add harissa simple syrup and one harissa spice bundle and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture has enough ginger taste and spice to your liking. Remove from heat and strain the liquid. Add bourbon and honey to taste and pour into two mugs. Garnish with lemon slices. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: