If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother saw this recipe title Jalapeno Orange Shrimp w/Broccoli and Brown Rice that came from the Daily News in USA Weekend in April 2013. She urged me to take a shot at it and see how it would come out when I put my own twist to it and boy did I hear a lot of oooo’s and mmmmm noises when people ate it.
I completely changed and omitted the Jalapeno, garlic, grapeseed oil, and black pepper to include the ingredients below. I recently made it for a potluck lunch at work and got some decent reviews for it and a request for the recipe which definitely put a smile on my face!!
Try it out and let me know how many people compliment you on this dish!
*Note* Use sweet Riesling such as Barefoot brand sweet Riesling or the taste will be a bit bitter. —Ylia Perez
- 1 1/2 pounds raw deveined medium or jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Sweet Riesling (Barefoot Brand)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Season the shrimp w/the olive oil, salt, cumin, basil and espresso powder.
- Bring the orange juice, honey, Riesling, soy sauce and tarragon to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the shrimp and cook until they start to turn opaque, using tongs to toss the shrimp so they cook evenly. About 4 minutes.
- Now add the orange sauce and cook for another 3 minutes and then set aside
- In a separate saucepan add water and the broccoli florets and cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender but still a bit crunchy. Now add this to the shrimp and serve.