If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This holiday season, try a batch of these festive yet simple Holiday Scotcheroos from Shugary Sweets! The Karo Syrup adds a chewy texture and the perfect amount of sweetness, while enhancing the creamy peanut butter and white chocolate flavors in this fun take on classic scotcheroos. Photography and recipe adaptation courtesy of Aimee S. of Shugary Sweets. —Erin F.
Makes 16 triangles
- 1 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 drop green gel food coloring
- 5 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- 8 mini peanut butter cups
- 1/4 cup rainbow chips (or sprinkles)
- 8 star sprinkles (or red hots)
- Line two 8 or 9-inch round baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup with sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and food coloring until smooth. Add cereal and fold gently until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pans. Pat gently with back of wooden spoon. Allow to cool and set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from pans by lifting the parchment paper. Place on cutting board and cut each circle into 8 triangles. Separate slightly so there is a space between each triangle.
- For the Christmas trees, add melted white chocolate to a sandwich sized plastic bag. Snip off the corner and drizzle over the scotcheroos. Add rainbow chips and star to trees. Using the melted white chocolate, add a drop to the top of a peanut butter cup and press into the bottom of the tree for the trunk.
- Allow chocolate to set, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container for several days to maintain freshness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
More Great Recipes: