If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Bob's Red Mill, these muffins are the perfect way to start a day. Packed with fruit, nuts, and coconut, they're delicate and moist enough to convert any bran muffin hater. —Posie Harwood
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins (or other small or chopped dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wheat bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the fruit, nuts, and coconut to the flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, molasses, honey, eggs, applesauce, and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Place 12 paper cups in a muffin pan, or grease the cups. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!