If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lasagna is never really pretty. It smells of roasting tomato and oregano melting into starchy comforting noodles. It is warm and steams when you cut into it. I think Lasagna can be intimidating with all its layers and ingredients and neediness. Well, not this Lasagna (or any vegan lasagna). You need the lasagna noodles, veggies of any sort, a jar of organic marinara sauce and some extras like fresh or dried herbs, nutritional yeast and hemp seeds. —Chloe Graffeo
- 1 packet Lasagna noodles (oven ready)
- 1-1 1/2 jars organic marinara sauce [depending on how “saucy” you like it
- approx 4 cups leftover grilled, sautéed, or roasted veggies. [we used onions, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Sautee the frozen or fresh kale in a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat until soft and wilted. Begin by spreading some marinara sauce on the bottom of your medium sized baking dish. Then add the first layer of lasagna noodles. After this add a layer of veggies, sauteed kale and then sprinkle with nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, oregano, salt and pepper. Repeat sauce, noodles, veggies, kale, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast and seasonings until you have used up all the veggies and noodles. You should end with noodles on top and more sauce. Bake for 40 minutes and let rest for five so the juices settle. Bon Appetit!