Author Notes: With a bunch of kraut still hanging out in the back of my fridge, and some winter fridge tomatoes, I had to find a way to combine them…
Be careful. Hot and tasting heavily of kraut, you can eat it all in one sitting! —cookingwithleftovers
cup sauerkraut, with 1/4 cup juices
cups fresh tomatoes, chopped, with juices
cup brown rice
cup Parmesan, shredded
- Combine the sauerkraut, tomatoes, and rice in a casserole pan. Season well.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the water is all gone and the rice is done.
- Uncover and sprinkle the top with Parmesan. Bake for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- This is super krauty. You can use the juice if you want it to really taste like kraut, or you can substitute it for water, or you can wash your kraut if you want it to be less on the kraut side. I like my mouth to water.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge