Author Notes: The catering leftovers. Pulled pork, bbq sauce, rolls, and this became a holiday strata. Since I never have milk on hand, I used pickle juice instead. Pickle juice is an ok substitute for milk, right? —cookingwithleftovers
cups small rolls chopped into big cubes, about 3 rolls
cups pulled pork, chopped
cup arugula, chopped
mango, cubed (I had a champagne mango), optional
cup pickle juice
big handful shredded cheese, about 1/2 cup (I had mozzarella)
tablespoon butter, cubed
cup barbeque sauce
- Grease a pan. Combine the bread, arugula, mango, and pork.
- Separately combine the eggs, cheese, pickle juice, butter, and barbeque sauce. That is your custard; just go with it.
- Whisk the custard, season, and pour over the bread mix.
- Put it into the fridge for as long as you can stand it, but 6 hours is the best.
- Then bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until done and golden and delicious smelling..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year