If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The catering leftovers. Pulled pork, bbq sauce, rolls, and this became a holiday strata. Since I never have milk on hand, I used pickle juice instead. Pickle juice is an ok substitute for milk, right? —cookingwithleftovers
cups small rolls chopped into big cubes, about 3 rolls
cups pulled pork, chopped
cup arugula, chopped
mango, cubed (I had a champagne mango), optional
cup pickle juice
big handful shredded cheese, about 1/2 cup (I had mozzarella)
tablespoon butter, cubed
cup barbeque sauce
- Grease a pan. Combine the bread, arugula, mango, and pork.
- Separately combine the eggs, cheese, pickle juice, butter, and barbeque sauce. That is your custard; just go with it.
- Whisk the custard, season, and pour over the bread mix.
- Put it into the fridge for as long as you can stand it, but 6 hours is the best.
- Then bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until done and golden and delicious smelling..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year