If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Quick Thai Curry with Wild Rice with flexibility in terms of ingredients and ease of cooking not only cleans out your fridge and pantry but also serves as a perfect winter dinner. —Annada Rathi
Quick Thai Curry
- 1 can of coconut milk, 13.5 oz
- 4 ounces firm tofu, diced into 1" cubes
- 1 cup zucchini pieces, 1"
- 1 cup bell pepper pieces, 1" (any color is fine)
- 1/2 cup red onion pieces, 1"
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add red onions and stir-fry till they become golden brown.
- Put ginger and saute for a few minutes. Follow it up with zucchini and bell pepper pieces.
- After 10 minutes, the vegetables will start steaming. Pour coconut milk. Clean out the can with some water and add it too.
- Add tomato paste, salt, lime juice and red chile powder and tofu.
- Turn the heat off after the curry comes to a vigorous boil.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2.5 cups water
- Combine wild rice and water in a saute pan and cook on medium heat till the rice is cooked.
- Pour the quick thai curry over steaming rice and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge