If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple but festive flute of bubbly takes on a brunch theme with ruby red grapefruit juice and honey-thyme simple syrup!
—garlic and zest
- 1/4 cup (1 jigger) ruby red grapefruit juice (without pulp)
- 1/4 cup (1 jigger) prosecco
- fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- thin wedge of grapefruit for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Make simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey and water. Heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Tie the thyme sprigs together with a piece of kitchen string. Submerge the thyme in the still hot simple syrup and steep for 30 minutes. Remove the thyme and discard. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove any thyme leaves or other particles. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- For each cocktail Into a champagne flute combine simple syrup, grapefruit juice and chilled prosecco. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and fresh thyme. Serve. Notes I used 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup, but if you prefer a sweeter cocktail, add two tablespoons.