If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you've got greens in your fridge, throw them in a shakshuka! This highly versatile dish can be made with almost any vegetable that you have on hand. I use brussels sprouts, zucchini and spinach - but feel free to get creative! —Lisa Bryan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shaved or finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the shaved brussels sprouts and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. When the brussels sprouts have softened, add the zucchini and spices and stir for another minute.
- When the vegetables have all cooked, add the cilantro and spinach and stir until the spinach wilts.
- Flatten the mixture and crack the eggs evenly spaced on top.
- Transfer the saute pan to the oven and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with ¼ sliced avocado per serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge