If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Making risotto is a bit of a consuming venture, as you must stir it throughout the entire cooking process. However, the creamy, cheesy grains are a great accompaniment to fish, poultry, or meats! Make up your own combo by simply substituting a different cheese and herbs. —Mariya
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5-7 cups hot chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over a medium-low heat and sweat the onion until translucent.
- Add rice to the pan and toss to coat; add the salt and pepper and saute, stirring constantly, on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add wine to the pan and reduce until it's almost gone, stirring constantly.
- Using a ladle add stock to the pan, one by one; once the rice has absorbed the first ladle, add the next one and continue. You must do this on low heat and stir constantly! The process should take 15-20 minutes. The risotto should be creamy and soft.
- Add Parmesan and stir to incorporate. Turn the heat off and cover. Allow to sit for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cilantro.