milliliters whole milk
grams unsweetened chestnut puree
large meringue shell
- Mix the cornstarch with 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the leftover milk, sugar and a pinch salt, stir, place on medium heat, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat and let cool a little.
- In a blender combine the unsweetened chestnut purée and the warm ice cream base, blend in high until silky smooth and fully combined. Transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions adding the desired amount of crushed meringues (I used 3 handfuls) and at the last two minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Pair with dark chocolate and vanilla bean ice creams.