If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shakshuka in Arabic = mixture.
Egypt Shakshuka is simply scrambled eggs and sold in a sandwich. Jordan, Yemen, Moroccan Shakshuka is a bit different. The sauce will be thicker or thinner depending on the cook and the vegetables in use are different. This dish is similar to the the Mexican breakfast "Vevoss Rantz'ros".
Suitable for breakfast, lunch and / or dinner. Suitable for every day and every season and the best fun is to wipe it with white bread by hand. Enjoy. —Elinoar Moore
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 packet tomato paste
- 2 green or red peppers
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 small spicy pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the vegetables. Heat oil in a large skillet and vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, boiling water and throw in the eggs. Cook for 5-6 minutes more. Bon Appetite