milliliters whole milk
milliliters heavy cream
grams buckwheat honey
grams cream cheese
grams buckwheat kernels
grams buckwheat cookie crumbs
In This Recipe
- In a skillet over medium heat toast 80gr buckwheat kernels.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the heavy cream, 200ml whole milk, buckwheat honey, a pinch of salt and the toasted buckwheat kernels, bring to an almost boil, cover and let sit and infuse for 2-3 hours.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml while milk, leave to rest.
- Sieve the milk mixture and return it into the saucepan, once again bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese, mix until smooth. Cool to room temps and store in the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions adding crushed homemade or good-quality store-bought buckwheat #cookies at the last couple of minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container or spoon right away.