If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Left with cranberry sauce after the holidays and determined to not waste it, I wanted to bake something that would incorporate the delicious sauce. This loaf takes about 5 minutes to prepare and is perfect as a quick breakfast, a healthy dessert, or an afternoon pick-me-up. —Monica
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rye or spelt flour (I used half-and-half, but use all rye if gluten free)
- 1.5 cups cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (for spreading on top)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except for the ½ cup cranberry sauce
- Transfer mixture into a loaf pan
- Spread remaining ½ cup cranberry sauce on top (it doesn’t spread that great on the batter, but just roughly spread it a bit - it will come out just fine!)
- Bake at 325 F for 60-90 minutes, or until knife comes out clean