If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy macaroni dish with a decadent creamy vegetable sauce made from roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash, coconut milk, and a few spices and herbs. —Amanda Nicole Smith
- 16 ounces macaroni elbows
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the stem off butternut squash, peel off skin, and cut in half long ways. Cut short ways, a little less than an inch thick.
- Cut the sweet potato short ways the same thickness.
- Roast them both on a baking sheet for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni.
- Let the roasted vegetables cool for a few minutes, blend all of the sauce ingredients together and pour over the macaroni.