If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a modern and delicious twist on the pasta heavy carbonara. You can adapt any dish to include a spiralized addition. The spiralized potatoes in this recipe are a great addition while keeping the yummy carbonara flavor. —Paige
- 2 Lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut in half and spiralized using the spaghetti blade
- 2 Large Eggs- room temp
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup Shredded pecorino Romano, plus additional for serving
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan
- Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces Pancetta or bacon small diced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks and pecorino and Parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta or bacon and sauté until the fat just renders. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Leaving the rendered fat in the pan, return the same skillet back to medium heat and add in the potato noodles. Let cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove potato noodles to a large bowl and vigorously toss with the egg and cheese mixture, until noodles are well coated and a creamy sauce is formed. Add the cooked pancetta and top with more cheese to taste. Serve immediately.