If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The bones of this recipe come from Saveur, because it is the simplest, purest version I've found yet. Feel free to go off the hip on cheese and butter amounts—most of this dish can just be cooked to taste. You can even—gasp—use another type of pasta if you wish. —Kenzi Wilbur
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups cream
- 1 pound fettuccine (I use dried)
- 1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Black pepper, to taste
- Parsley for serving (optional)
- Bring cream to a scant boil in a high-sided skillet or pot. Turn town to a simmer, and reduce by about half.
- Cook pasta to al dente in a large pot of salted water, then drain and add to the reduced cream. Add cheese, butter, and black pepper to taste. Toss until everything is well-combined. Serve with parsley if you wish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!