If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was my attempt to be REALLY healthy during my New Years resolution stint (it won't last long). It's easy and should give you some leftovers for the next day! —Lizzie Greene
- 2 pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Water
- Sweat onions in a large pot with some olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, squash, and water to the pot. Stir and add in the spices. Cook this for a half hour.
- Once the squash is fork tender put in blender or use immersion circulator to make smooth.
- Taste soup for seasoning. I like to serve this with the seeds from the squash that I roast in the oven like pumpkin seeds.